2009년 8월 5일 수요일

Television has destroyed communication.

Nowadays many people spend their time watching television. In fact a reserch shows that Koreans tend to spend more than 2 hours on average when they don't work.
It ranked the first among OECD members. Watching television itself is not problem.
I think many TV program provide indirect experiences and usuful information to people.

The problem is Television makes people shut their mouth during watching time and
concentrate on screen so deeply. It is the main reason to lessen familiy time in Korea.
Because TV is one-sided media, it makes people became passive. So it interfere people from
starting communicate with their loved one actively.
And it's not easy to talk to someone watching TV because they are concentrating on too much.
It is like saying that they don't want to talk anybody.

When I was young, My father turns on TV all day long sitting on couch. He looked like a
background in a living room. He did'n move didn't talk. Eventhough he did answer to me
when I ask something while he was watching TV, I really did not like to talk with him.
I don't know the reason.

But now I think maybe we can be more intimate without TV. Actually now we have
quite awkward realationship. If TV is not turned on at home, the silence is all around.
Somebody has to break the silent atmosphere but it's not accustomed to anyone of us.

Therefore I want to say that we need to turn off the TV and start to communicate with
your family or friends. TV makes people lonely. And as time passed, it became more difficult
to eleminate old habitant of watching TV.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기